These waffles are the perfect way to start your morning! They are crispy and fluffy and taste just like pumpkin pie. I would highly recommend adding fruit like banana. Some maple syrup and cacao nibs are great on top as well. Also pictured is a spoonful of cashew yogurt. Go make this!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 1.5 cup plant milk of choice (I used soy milk)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (or GF all purpose flour)
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal (or chia seed meal)
- 0.75 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.25 cup dairy free yogurt (I used cashewgurt)
- 2 tbsp sugar (or stevia)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 0.5 tsp cloves
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix.
- Add the wet to the dry and combine without over mixing. The batter should be thick but still runny.
- Add a fourth of the batter to the waffle iron and cook for 4-5 min.
- Repeat until all the waffles are made.