This recipe is a creamy, sweet soft serve that’s perfect for a dessert or meal. I chose to make two flavors of nice cream and swirl them together and it was a great combination! I would highly recommend trying both of these flavors either on their own or swirled together. It’s pretty simple to make. I just threw everything in a food processor blended until smooth. Also if you use frozen spinach and live in a cooler environment, the nice cream will come out much thicker and more like soft serve rather than a smoothie. Enjoy!
Proof I actually put spinach in this^
Chocolate Matcha Swirl Nice Cream
- 300g frozen banana
- 65g frozen or fresh spinach
- 1-2 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- Add half the bananas, half the protein powder (optional), half the vanilla (1 tsp), all the spinach, and matcha powder into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse to combine on high speed.
- Add a little maple syrup to blend smoothly and scrape down the edges to incorporate all the ingredients.
- For the chocolate nice cream add half the bananas, half the protein powder (optional), half the vanilla (1 tsp), and the cacao/cocoa powder.
- Pulse to combine until smooth.
- Swirl the two flavors together and top with cacao nibs and shredded coconut.