This is recipe I wanted to try for a long time since I haven’t seen anything quite like it before. This cheezcake does not use any cashews, or oils, or coconut cream yet is still creamy and delicious. Basically just toast your oats and process with the crust ingredients, and press into a cupcake tin. Then process the cooked sweet potato with the filling ingredients and fill the cups. Freeze for a couple hours and you’re done! This recipe is full of whole foods and minimal fats while still being creamy and sweet. Enjoy!
Vegan Purple Sweet Potato Cheezcake Cups
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (I used reduced fat)
- 4-5 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium purple sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt (I used silk soy yogurt)
- 1/4 block silken tofu
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any dairy free milk
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Toast oats and process crust ingredients until a sticky dough forms.
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft and fill the cupcake tin with the crust and parchment paper strips.
- Process the filling ingredients until smooth and fill the tin.
- Freeze for 2-4 hours and then remove from tin and store in fridge.
This recipe is a creamy, sweet soft serve that’s perfect for a dessert or meal. I chose to make two flavors of nice cream and swirl them together and it was a great combination! I would highly recommend trying both of these flavors either on their own or swirled together. It’s pretty simple to make. I just threw everything in a food processor blended until smooth. Also if you use frozen spinach and live in a cooler environment, the nice cream will come out much thicker and more like soft serve rather than a smoothie. Enjoy!
Proof I actually put spinach in this^
Chocolate Matcha Swirl Nice Cream
- 300g frozen banana
- 65g frozen or fresh spinach
- 1-2 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop plant-based protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- Add half the bananas, half the protein powder (optional), half the vanilla (1 tsp), all the spinach, and matcha powder into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse to combine on high speed.
- Add a little maple syrup to blend smoothly and scrape down the edges to incorporate all the ingredients.
- For the chocolate nice cream add half the bananas, half the protein powder (optional), half the vanilla (1 tsp), and the cacao/cocoa powder.
- Pulse to combine until smooth.
- Swirl the two flavors together and top with cacao nibs and shredded coconut.
These waffles are the perfect way to start your morning! They are crispy and fluffy and taste just like pumpkin pie. I would highly recommend adding fruit like banana. Some maple syrup and cacao nibs are great on top as well. Also pictured is a spoonful of cashew yogurt. Go make this!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 1.5 cup plant milk of choice (I used soy milk)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (or GF all purpose flour)
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal (or chia seed meal)
- 0.75 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.25 cup dairy free yogurt (I used cashewgurt)
- 2 tbsp sugar (or stevia)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 0.5 tsp cloves
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix.
- Add the wet to the dry and combine without over mixing. The batter should be thick but still runny.
- Add a fourth of the batter to the waffle iron and cook for 4-5 min.
- Repeat until all the waffles are made.
This recipe is so creamy and delicious no one will know it’s vegan and full of wholesome foods! The cream comes from almond milk and cashews but you can use any combination of plant milk and nuts, or even beans to make this dish creamy. Also for a gluten free option just use a gluten free pasta of your choice. My friends loved how this came out and we added homemade seitan sausage in the sauce too! Recipe soon to come for the sausages! Love you all lots.
Creamy Vegan Vodka Pasta
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 oz kale
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 oz basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2-3 cup pasta of your choice
- Blend soaked or boiled cashews with almond milk and set aside.
- Cook garlic, onion, kale and celery with water in a pan for 10-15 min on medium heat.
- Add the tomato products and stir in the vodka.
- Boil water and cook pasta separately according to package instructions.
- After 10 min it should be thick and flavorful and the alcohol will have cooked out.
- Turn off the heat and add the cashew/almond cream and the salt pepper and more basil.